Tuesday, March 9, 2010

June.

This week I decided to bring one of the family's puppies to visit for a week. She can't decide if she likes it here; nor can I. Living with just my roommate and me in my little apartment is a big change from living with four people and another dog in a house with a big yard. I thought having a dog would be the best thing ever. She's kind of stressing me out though. She feels the need to be in my lap constantly. Even when I take her for a walk, she wants me to pick her up. She won't eat. She won't play fetch. The dog is depressed. And I think her anxiety is contagious. Also, she's terrified of my roommate. When Joanna is in the room, June gets so close to me, there's no way she can even breathe. I'm just glad she isn't a big dog. Then it would be painful for me too. Poor June.

She is getting better. She got off the couch without me a couple of times--of course, that was before she realized another person lives here. That might have set her back a little. This is a traumatic week for her, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment