Thursday, June 4, 2015

Source of hope.

Today's (actually yesterday's) MHAM prompt: Who helps you hope?  Which person in your life has helped you most to hold on to hope despite your Migraine disease?

This is a tough one.  There are many people in my life who have supported me on this journey.  I'm thankful for every single one of their prayers and kind words, but they are not the source of my hope.

Jesus Christ is the source of my hope.  

Someone recently told me I had the biggest faith of anyone she knew.  Her statement was encouraging, but what I didn't tell her is that if my faith were even an ounce smaller, I would fall apart.  I would let Migraine and depression take control of my life.  My faith and hope in Christ is what sustains me.  It's not a matter of striving for righteousness, although that's always my goal as a daughter of Christ; it's a matter of survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment