Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hope.

Each year during the month of June, the American Headache & Migraine Association has a Migraine and Headache Awareness Month blogging challenge.  They post different writing prompts every day for the entire month.  I missed yesterday because I just remembered about it today, so I'm going to do yesterday's post and then today's. 

Prompt for June 1:  What is your favorite quote about hope and how does it apply to your Migraines?

This quote isn't directly related to hope, but it's a quote that gives me hope.

C. S. Lewis once said, "Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny."

The Lord is using my chronic illness to prepare me for something extraordinary.  He's molding my heart, strengthening my soul.  He's teaching me to fully rely on him, to love others unconditionally, to be compassionate. All traits I was missing before my life got turned upside down by chronic migraine.

I have lots of big dreams, some of which I believe come directly from the Lord.  There's no way I can make those dreams reality right now, but He's in control.  I firmly believe that He's going to use me in extraordinary ways to bring glory to Himself.  And that's what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment